The Boo Games project main aim is to boost the Video Games sector in Europe. This will be achieved in particular by making stakeholders aware of the impact of the sector in the regional, national and international economy. During the lifetime of the project several activities will be organised mainly under 3 types of activities: Thematic seminars, study visits and International conference.
3 study visits for public authorities’ representatives and staff members of the consortium will be organised in regions which have already developed policies and initiatives to sustain the games industry:
1) Stuttgart, Germany, April 2013
2) Paris Ile de France, Paris, June 2013
3) West Midlands Region UK, September 2013
1 international conference targeting the economic importance of the game industry and the access of European games industry to the global market will be organised in Matla in December 2013 with the topic: Access of the European games industry to the global market .
5 thematic seminars for public authorities and staff members of the consortium covering the following topics:
1) Business support to SMEs and Entrepreneurs of the games industry (Asturias – 5th July 2012)
2) Cross sectorial cooperation and impact of the games industry on other sectors (Perugia – 5th October 2012)
3) Misperception of Games and Risk Management in the communication of the games industry to the public opinion (Stuttgart – April 2013)
4) Access to finance for SMEs working in the games industry (Paris – June 2013)
5) Access to market, international cooperation and interregional networking among games clusters (Coventry – September 2013)
Please visit the events page for more information.